Jon Sperrin - Grant Thornton, Ian Gardner - Moore Stephens, Lucy McClements - BP&E Global
Please join us on Monday 3 April 2017 for the second iNED Forum of 2017
EFFECTIVE BOARD COMMITTEES (UNDER SIMR & RAPR)
Addressing the key challenges that confront the effectiveness of Board Committees
Today’s regulators in the UK financial services sector place great weight upon the shoulders of NEDs; especially when it comes to performing well on Boards and their Committees.
Under the PRA’s Senior Insurance Managers Regime (SIMR) and the FCA’s Reformed Approved Persons Regime (RAPR) certain “Prescribed” Responsibilities can only be assigned to NEDs who have been approved by the PRA or FCA to perform a governing function.
In particular, the following “governing NED” roles are in scope:
- Chairman of the Board
- Senior Independent Director
- Chairs of the Risk, Audit, Remuneration and Nominations Committees
Our April iNED Forum will offer an overview of the key regulatory requirements for Audit, Risk, Remuneration and Nominations Committees, together with insights that will help NEDs rise to the challenges inherent in performing well on such Committees in the Solvency II era.
Jon Sperrin – Grant Thornton
Ian Gardner – Moore Stephens
Lucy McClements – BP&E Global
- Key NED corporate governance issues under SIMR & RAPR, including the need for optimal board packs: size and content
- Meeting the needs of the regulators: NED roles and best practice in 2017
- Key performance criteria and essential questions for NEDS to ask in relation to the effectiveness of the Audit and Risk Committee
- Remuneration and Nominations Committees are not the poor relations of the main Board Committees… how should NEDs fulfil their important responsibilities on such Committees?
Timings: 3:30 pm Delegate registration | 4:00 pm Forum begins | 5:30 pm Post forum networking
Venue: The Insurance Hall, 20 Aldermanbury, London EC2V 7HY
Booking Fee: £40 (including VAT)
CPD Hours: This iNED Forum qualifies for 1.5 hours CII CPD
This iNED Forum is open to insurance Non-executive Directors (iNEDS), aspiring iNEDS, Company Secretaries, Compliance staff and all those involved with corporate governance in the insurance sector. There is no requirement for delegates to be members of the Worshipful Company of Insurers.
Book your place via the WCI website: